Jan 17, 2013

RED 2 Trailer

2010's RED proved to be a lot of fun (read my review here), so I was already excited for the sequel... but this trailer makes me even more excited. Someone finally figured out that what spy movies have been missing is a Lotus Exige chase! I'm so glad. RED 2 looks to repeat the basic formula of an IMF-like team of retired spies played by an all-star cast, adding Anthony Hopkins, David Thewlis and Catherine Zeta-Jones to a line-up that already includes Bruce Willis, John Malkovich, Mary-Louise Parker and Helen Mirren. But what concerns me a little is that we don't see any Karl Urban in the trailer. He was one of the best parts of the first film, and I sincerely hope he's around in the sequel. Other than that, though... looks great!

2 comments:

teeritz said...

My 12 year-old son is really looking forward to this one. And ANY film showing Helen Mirren holding a gun is always a good thing. Thanks for the heads-up!

Tanner said...

I'll agree with that!