Aug 3, 2011

Aim High Premiere Pushed Back

McG's teen spy web series Aim High was supposed to debut this week on Facebook, but according to a posting on the site, it's been pushed back. A new premiere date will be announced soon. In the meantime, you can watch the teaser below. As previously reported, Aim High stars The Twilight Saga's Jackson Rathbone (no relation to Basil, sadly) as an ordinary high schooler with an extraordinary after school job: he's been trained by the government as a counter-terrorism agent. Yet he's still got to maintain his cover and put up with teachers and bullies during the day. It's very simple and we've seen plenty of variations on it in books and films, but as I've said before, I love this premise and I'm excited to see it done as a series--even if it's a web series that I have to go to Facebook to watch. Coming from one of the producers of Chuck and with a pretty impressive supporting cast lined up, I'm eager to see how this one turns out. (Plus, I like that poster!)

1 comment:

Moggy said...

This inspires me to recommend an excellent YA series I recently discovered - I'm not even a particular enthusiast of YA fiction, but this is awesome. It's Ally Carter's Gallagher Girls series, about an academy where teenage girls are trained to be spies. The first book is I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have To Kill You. The books are well-written and fast-paced and just good.